Summer is in full swing, and I am so happy to be here sharing our summer home tour. As usual, I kept our home pretty simple as I was decorating for summer, but instead decided to focus on the outdoor elements that really inspire me… especially the stunningly beautiful Russian Olive Tree, which continues to be my favorite tree, ever.
I’m also thrilled that Nina from Nina Hendricks Design asked me to join along in sharing our home with such an elite group of bloggers, and Country Living and Birch Lane. If you’re looking for some great inspiration for decorating, we’ve got you covered.
Let’s start the tour, shall we?
This time of year, my kitchen is gearing up for the big canning season. I’m prepping for the long, busy and bountiful days ahead… canning is almost therapeutic for me, and I’m looking forward to preserving my first jams and jellies of the season…
I incorporated this lovely marble cheese board into our kitchen area… it fits beautifully.
I also swapped out the decor on our shelf, which instantly gave the kitchen a quick re-fresh…
I absolutely love my moscow mule mugs, and they provided the perfect fresh pop of color and contrast for our kitchen. I also added in the brass candle holders (garage sale find), which really completed the shelf…
On the other side of the kitchen, there’s this lovely shelving unit that provides a great place for extra storage, but also somewhere to display my current favorite items…
- Kitchen Cabinets: Custom Cupboards. Stain color is “Carrington”.
- Kitchen Island: Home Depot, read more about it here.
- Pendant Lights
- Pot Filler
- Glass Canisters
- Large Chalkboard: DIY
- Dutch Oven, in Dune
- Stackable Crates: DIY
- Green Tea Kettle: Bed, Bath & Beyond
- Marble Cheese Board
- Shelving Unit: Hobby Lobby, several years ago.
- White Dishes: Thrift Store
- Wire Onion Baskets Above Cabinets: Our family farm, read more about them here.
- Faux Magnolia Wreath: Our Shop
- Metal & Wood Cake Stands: Our Shop
- Kitchen Barstools: Gordmans, several years ago.
- Runner Rugs
- Kitchen Shelf: DIY
- Shelf Hooks
- Moscow Mule Mugs
- Apron: Our Shop
From the kitchen, you look directly into the breakfast nook, which is also one of my favorite rooms in the house. This big window adds so much natural light to the house. This picture is a perfect example of it…
Sigh…. I love that tree, and those branches.
- Table: Source Unknown, we’ve had it for years. Makeover here.
- Black Chairs: American Furniture Warehouse (No Longer Available)
- Light Fixture
- Wall Sconces
- Love Grows Best Sign
- Wood Tray: DIY by us
- White Pitcher: Target, on clearance a few years ago
- Table Runner: DIY
- Small Black Lanterns
- Bamboo Blind
- Grain Sack Pillow: DIY Project
- As For Me & My House Pillow: Our Shop
- US Pillow: DIY
- Plate Wall: DIY
- Log Candleholder: DIY
From the breakfast nook, you look right into the living room, which makes it easy to create a cohesive feeling throughout the entire house. Having such an open floor plan can be tricky to decorate, but it also allows for freedom as well.
- Couch: American Furniture Warehouse, no longer available.
- T.V. Console: American Furniture Warehouse, no longer available.
- White & Jute Rug
- Jute Pouf
- Wingback Chairs: Purchased at thrift store, had recovered in grain sack fabric.
- Black & Gray Plaid Throw
- Black & White Pillow
- Framed Feed Sacks: DIY
- Swing Arm Lamp: DIY
- Glass Lamp: JCPenney’s, several years ago
From the living room, you look right into the dining room and entry…
You may notice a new addition to our dining room, and yes, the sign is one of my very favorite things in the room. I’ll be sharing the details a little bit later, but I am in love with it…
Another new addition to the room, is this amazing drink dispenser. I fell hard for it, and I love the modern vibe it adds with the metal stand…
And of course, those gorgeous branches again. 🙂
- Dining Room Shelves: DIY
- Dining Room Table
- Black End Chairs
- Table Runner
- Glass Table Vases
- Let’s Stay Home Sign: Ours is the largest size available
- Glass Drink Dispenser
- Glass Drying Rack
- Metal Baskets: From our family farm, but can be found at antique stores
- White Platters: TJMaxx
- White Dishes: Thrift Store
- Galvanized Centerpiece: Our Shop
- Wall Drying Rack
The entry way also got a fresh dose of them as well…
If ever you’re in doubt, just bring in fresh branch clippings… they’re perfect for an instant refresh.
- Wood Mirror: World Market, no longer available.
- White Pitcher: Target, on clearance a few years ago.
- Small Table: Home Interiors, several years ago.
- Books: Estate Sale
- Light: Antique Mall, read more about it here.
- Coat Tree: DIY
And here’s a few more shots of the house…
So there’s my summer home tour. I hope you enjoyed it. 🙂 Below, you’ll find more great home tours, and plenty of summer decorating ideas!
Visit Country Living Magazine to see more summer decorating ideas!
Happy summer decorating! 🙂
I was provided a gift card from Birch Lane for this post, but all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make this blog possible!