Today I’m sharing a project I originally posted last fall… I seriously love this banner! Not only is it such a simple and cheap project, but it looks amazing and it’s completely versatile! I can’t wait to hang it back up!
I hope you enjoy it as much as I still do!
Banners are everywhere. This is certainly not the first or last one you will ever see. But I might as well jump on the bandwagon since it’s something that I’ve always loved, just never done. However, I think the stick letters punch it up a level.
Again, it’s so very easy to create. I used the same tutorial as my fall saying for the letters.
The banner was equally easy.
Here’s what I did:
1. First I decided on the size for the actual banner.
2. Then I traced my original banner and made several copies.
3. Once all of my banner flags were cut, I began laying them out with jute rope to determine the length of the banner and the distance between each flag.
4. After I had the length I wanted, I began hot gluing the rope to the burlap flags.
5. Once the rope was glued to the burlap, I put a bead of hot glue on the outside edge and folded it over to cover the rope.
6. Flip your banner over, and put each letter on the appropriate flag. Just a suggestion, make sure you spell your word right… I may or may not be talking from experience.
7. Once the letters were in place I hot glued them to the flags.
From there I simply hung it up on the trim piece of our front door with hot glue. So far, it’s holding up beautifully! Even with one major windstorm!
I love how the welcome banner adds such a home-y vibe to our front porch… and it was entirely free! I love projects like that!
Linking up to: