Love lemon? You’re in for a real treat! These gluten free lemon scones are tender, with a bright pop of lemon flavor!
Scone of the month is always such a fun (and delicious) blog post for me to put together. Especially right now, since we’re all enjoying time at home, baking in the kitchen and sharing more meals together. Spending time in the kitchen is one of my favorite ways to decompress at the end of a long day… or my favorite way to start the day as I create something tasty to get our day going.
For the scone of the month flavor this month, I created these delicious gluten free lemon scones. These yummy scones are bursting with lemon flavor and they’re such a treat!
If you love lemon, these scones are for you! They’re so bright and fresh with the perfect pop of lemon flavor in every single delicious bite. And just like with the other flavors, they heat up beautifully in the microwave for 20 seconds or so.
If you’re new here, let me give you a little back story. Todd and I both love scones. They’re our favorite breakfast treat on the weekends, and we love having them throughout the week as a quick breakfast option. Not only are these gluten free scones incredible on flavor, but this scone mix is perfection, always yielding delicious results… even if one of my new flavor creations needs a little tweaking before it gets shared here. I love creating new flavors for us to enjoy, and these lemon scones are no different!
Needless to say, we love this scone mix! Typically, I’ll buy them in bulk off of Amazon, but they’re a little bit harder to find right now with everything that’s going on. Our local grocery store also carries the Namaste brand in the gluten free section, so perhaps check there as well. If all else fails, you can also buy them directly from Namaste.
I hope you enjoy these tasty gluten free lemon scones! 🙂
Affiliate links are provided below. Full disclosure here.
Gluten Free Lemon Scones
- 1 Box Namaste Muffin & Scone Mix
- 8 tbsp Cold Butter
- 2 Eggs Lightly Beaten
- 1/3 cup Milk I use almond milk
- 3 1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice Fresh, from about 1 lemon
- 1 Lemon, zested Reserve a little less than half for glaze.
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice Fresh, from about 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Remaining Lemon Zest
For The Scones:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, cut cold butter into dry scone mix using a pastry blender or fork. Blend until crumbly.
- Create a well in the center of the dry mixture. Add the eggs and milk. Stir until well combined and the mixture is moist.
- Add the lemon juice and lemon zest and blend well. If mixture is still dry and crumbly, add more milk, but only add it in small increments. A little will go a long way.
- Dump scone mixture onto parchment paper lined sheet pan, and shape into a circle, about 1 inch thick.
- Use a knife to score the dough into 8 equal pieces, then cut through the mixture and slightly pull each scone wedge out from one another for expansion room when baking.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Set aside and cool for 5-10 minutes.
For The Glaze
- In a small mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and lemon zest. Mix well.
- Drizzle glaze onto cooled scones. Wait a few minutes, then drizzle on another layer of glaze.
- Before glaze sets, sprinkle additional lemon zest over scones, if desired.
Love this? Don’t forget to pin it! 🙂