Friday… Isn’t it one of the best days of the week?! In today’s TGI-Friday post, I thought it would be fun to share the last 5 house things I’ve purchased… minus groceries! Even though I haven’t been posting on the blog, that doesn’t mean I haven’t been buying the house some goodies here and there! (Can’t stop, won’t stop!)
But first, let’s take a good look at some of the big highlight things we’ve been up to the past few months…
- Have I ever told you about my love for scones? If I haven’t, I’m not sure what I’ve been doing. I love scones! I’ve always been obsessed with them, and I’ve now, happily, passed that love onto Todd. I couldn’t believe he hadn’t ever had a scone before we got married, but now he’ll easily tell you they’re one of his favorite things! We’ve made a weekend tradition of baking a fresh batch and getting creative with our flavors. Since I’m gluten free, we use this brand/ mix and it’s honestly phenomenal. Even if you’re not gluten free, this is an amazing scone mix and definitely worth the try! For this batch, I did blueberry lemon! Delicious!
Please know, I greatly appreciate you shopping through the links I’ve shared in this post. It allows me to make a small commission from your purchase, while your purchase price stays the same. By shopping through these affiliate links, you’re helping the blog to “keep the lights on” and create new content! Thank you, thank you!
- In my last TGI-Friday post, I mentioned we were in the process of making the decision for our new windows… well, over the last couple of months we’ve slowly been having all of them replaced and it’s honestly made an incredible difference in the look of our home, inside and out. Of course, I’ll be sharing all the details, and the decisions we made on the trim that left Todd and I spending countless hours debating over which direction/style to go with. I’ll be honest, he was doubting my design style for them, but threw up a big hail marry, letting me have the final say. Spoiler alert: He loves the way everything has turned out! Is this even the same house?
- We’ve been busy planting a garden in our jungle of a yard. A neglected house also means a neglect yard, which has been quite the chore of taming. We still don’t have the front sprinkler system finished… #it’sbeenthreemonths. I like to think our neighbors don’t totally hate us since we have been making other noticeable upgrades, like the windows! But one of our big accomplishments this summer will definitely be getting the front sprinkler system finished and the sod laid.
- I’ve also been going all crazy plant lady and bringing home all the plants. After two years of not planting a single flower, I couldn’t wait to get my hands in the dirt and buy all of them. The nursery has definitely been one of my favorite places, and Todd and I have visited nearly every single nursery within a 50 mile radius. The plants are worth it!
- For part of our herb garden (couldn’t leave those out, right?), I bought this raised/ tiered garden stand. It works beautifully and it looks great on the patio.
- After my oral surgery in May (I only have one more left!), we had a community yard sale and we sold so much stuff! It felt amazing to sell things we weren’t using anymore, and we instantly felt lighter when we didn’t have to shove things aside to be able to close the garage doors.
- But, with that said, our basement is still full of boxes… #it’sbeenfourmonths. Palm to the forehead. Moving into a fixer upper house that is still being remodeled is tough.
- Now that I’ll be blogging full time again, we need an office… it’s currently full of boxes too. The struggle has been real and I’ve impressed myself with the amount of patience I’ve been able to muster. I’m still working on the design plan, but we’re planning on making a big trip to Ikea very soon to purchase some of the items we’ll be including in the room. Just typing that makes me incredibly excited. We’ll have one less room full of boxes! Let’s celebrate… seriously! More posts to come!
And now, here’s the last five house things I’ve purchased:
- These acrylic organizers. Todd loves coffee… and with that said, we have a bunch of ground coffee that needed a home. He prefers to keep it sealed, so we bought a set of these organizers to keep his coffee fresh. I’m looking forward to also being able to use them in the pantry. Easy win, win for both of us!
- This window box & corbel set. I’ve been waiting to hang up a window box in front of our big, living room window. As soon as the handyman had the window replaced, I begged him to hang up the window box. I’ll be sharing a post all about it, but I can’t tell you how huge of a difference it’s made. Instant character and charm! (And another place to plant more flowers!)
- This large vase from Target. I couldn’t pass it up.. It will be the perfect vase to change out seasonally.
- These wash cloths for the kitchen. I’m a self proclaimed wash cloth snob and these are sooo good. I bought them in white. They dry quickly and don’t smell nasty (ewww). Plus, they wash beautifully and are as bright white as the day I bought them!
- These linen towels for the kitchen. I splurged a little on these and I have high hopes for them… I’ve washed and dried them several times and am still waiting for them to really soak up liquid, which I’m sure will come with time. They’re incredible soft and the creamy gray color is yummy!
Wishing you a very happy weekend! See you next week!