Remember when I shared TGI-Friday in the past? I know it’s been a little while, but I really like the idea of sharing some behind the scenes peeks, as well as new things I find and love. It’s a random post, but it’s real and full of good stuff!
In house news, we’ve been spending our weekends working on the yard. If you’re following my Instagram stories, you’ve got a good glimpse at what we’ve been working on. Just like the rest of the house, it has been severely neglected. The grass that was once there is long gone and we have a ridiculous amount of sticks and tree saplings everywhere. Todd brought his skid steer from work and we’ve been doing demo on the landscaping. We’ve scooped up load after load of gravel to pull up the rotted landscaping fabric. We’ve uncovered lava rock and made 7 huge loads with the dump trailer removing everything from dead trees, rotted leaves and piles of sticks. This place was neglected. In the midst of all of it though, we’re both so incredibly excited to give the house an updated exterior and show it some love.
Please know, I greatly appreciate you shopping through the links I’ve shared in this post. It allows me to make a small commission from your purchase, while your purchase price stays the same. By shopping through these affiliate links, you’re helping the blog to “keep the lights on” and create new content! Thank you, thank you!
- For Easter this year, we’ll be spending the majority of the day with Todd’s family. In case you’re hosting, here’s a quick, simple and cheap way to set your table.
- Speaking of Easter, here’s the new dress I just bought. It came last week and it’s so pretty… I’ve been forcing myself to wait for Easter before wearing it.
- Did you see that I shared the design plan for our kitchen? It took me a little while, but I finally landed on a plan and we couldn’t be happier… it all just feels so right! If you missed the details, you can catch up right here.
- My oral surgery a few months ago wasn’t successful to help pull down my top two permanent canine teeth. It was the last attempt before removing the teeth and moving forward with implants. This week I decided to scheduled my next oral surgery, and they’ll be removing those stubborn teeth that I’ve spent nearly two years trying to coax down. Needless to say, I’m not looking forward to another surgery, but I’m ready to be done with the entire process.
- But… in other exciting news, we’re planning on having all of our windows replaced next month. It’s definitely needed. Our current windows are really old and not in the best shape. And not to mention covered with years of filth. I’ve been slowly working my way throughout the house cleaning windows, and last weekend I dropped one of them in the bathtub when I was cleaning it. Thank goodness I didn’t get cut, and the bathtub wasn’t damaged, but the glass pane shattered. Needless to say, we’re both sooo excited to get new windows! We’re trying to decide between grid windows, or just clear glass. But this house is sure making me lean on grid windows. Hmmmm…
- McGee & Co is having a great sale on rugs through April 22nd. That’s where I found the rug for our kitchen design. That specific one is out of stock until June (it just came back in-stock!), but I went ahead and ordered my second favorite, and it’s just as gorgeous. Delivery day is going to be so exciting… I’m already counting down the days! (I splurged and ordered this one to layer with our front door welcome mat!) Below are my favorites! Use code “hoptoit” to get 20% off! (Scroll through the arrows to see them all!)
I hope you have a wonderful weekend and a beautiful Easter Sunday!