A collection of affordable Christmas gift ideas perfect for the home lover in your life! Plus, see how to gift each item in a fun, unique way!
I’m still working on decorating our home for Christmas. I squeeze in as much as I can in between nap times, which some days is trickier than others since little sweet pea doesn’t want to nap and really only wants to play and hang out with momma. I’m not complaining though. She’s good company and she likes to keep the conversation going with her excited shrieks and constant jabbering. She sure is fun!
If you’re like me though, you’re starting your Christmas shopping and looking for gift ideas. I’ve had fun putting together a collection of gift ideas and wanted to share them with you in case you need some ideas! But… I also wanted to take it one step further and tell you why I love each item, plus how I’d gift each item. Hopefully this helps get your creativity going!
Christmas Gift Ideas
Here’s why I love each gift idea:
Truth For Today Cards: These beautiful cards include 31 different scriptures and include original watercolor artwork by Emily Lex. I’ve loved her work for so long and these Truth For Today Cards are a great way to bring the scriptures into your home. They’re perfect for everyday reading and memorizing, book marks, gift giving, encouragement for friends or to place around your home. You could even gift one to each family member along with their specific gift.
- How I’d gift it: Pick your favorite scripture from the collection and frame it. Then wrap it all up in a big bow. We could all use a little encouragement.
Tea Kettle: We all know how much I love a good cup of hot tea. I even shared how I organize my tea collection. This tea kettle is beautiful and would be a lovely addition to any kitchen. Plus, I love it when the kettle whistles.
- How I’d gift it: For the tea enthusiast, include it with the tea bag organizer, your favorite tea blend and a big cozy mug. Wrap it all up and top it with a big bow!
USA State Flowers Puzzle Map: Calling all puzzle lovers! This is a beautiful and fun activity the whole family can enjoy… I know my family sure does. We pull out a new puzzle often and enjoy working on it together. Seeing each state flower is a fun touch!
- How I’d gift it: We all know puzzles take time, and there’s nothing better than munching on a yummy snack while searching for the piece that fits! Bake a batch of your favorite scones or cookies and include them with the wrapped puzzle.
Marble Tray: What a great gift to use as a base for other gifts! Pair it with your favorite hand soap and lotion. Or add it with olive oil decanters for a beautiful collection by the stove. Gift it with jewelry. Deliver cookies on it to your neighbor. No matter what you put with it, this is a wonderful option that will look fabulous.
- How I’d gift it: Create the perfect scene next to the stove by gifting it with an olive oil decanter and salt bowl with the cutest brass spoon! Add a linen tea towel (or two) to complete the gift!
Frasier Fir Candle: If there was ever a scent I wanted to fill my home with during the holiday season, this is it! Easily one of my favorite candles, the fresh, clean pine scent will have your family and guests asking you where they can get their own candle! A perfect gift for the home nester during the holidays!
- How I’d gift it: In a small basket, combine the candle with other home items, such as the linen tea towels and the marble tray. Add in a few other fun items, like your favorite hand lotion. Add tissue paper and wrap the basket with a big bow.
Bread Lame: Have a special bread baker in your life? This bread lame will allow them to truly leave their mark! Let their creativity go wild and see their artistic side come to life, making their baked bread even more beautiful! I’m excited to try this one myself!
- How I’d gift it: In a little box, I’d wrap up the linen tea towel, the bread lame and the honey pot with the dipper. Wrap it up in your favorite wrapping paper, and top it with a satin ribbon bow.
Honey Pot with Dipper: Love honey? Me too! Drizzle some in your hot tea, over your bread or in your oatmeal. This beautiful honey pot will look fabulous on the counter! Extra points if you pair this one with the bread lame! Warm bread with fresh honey… mmm!
- How I’d gift it: Do you have somewhere you can buy local honey? This would be the perfect complimentary item to gift with the honey pot. Add in a linen hand towel (or two) and this is a fun gift!
Glass Shadow Box: This idea gets me really excited! It’s a great gift to build on, and it can be the perfect personal item you can really get creative with. Display a collection of items from a favorite trip, your favorite jewelry items you wear on the daily, a collection of cherished family trinkets, a place to store family photo’s. Really, the options are endless and I love how meaningful this gift can be!
- How I’d gift it: With traveling difficult at this time, round up your favorite items and pictures from a past trip. Add a piece of velvet fabric to the bottom of the box, add in a family picture printed on heavy, matte paper, then add in the trinkets. Seashells, driftwood, or any small items gathered on your vacation. It’s the perfect piece for the coffee table or sitting on the entryway table.
Love Story Journal: At this point, I probably sound like a broken record, but I love these journals. So many of us have wonderful, powerful, and truly great love stories. Why not write those down? This journal allows you to do that… and add to it as your relationship grows. I’ll admit it, I’m sappy, and I look forward to our children and grand children having the ability to read about Todd and I. Family is everything.
- How I’d gift it: I think this gift would pair perfectly with the brass locket. Print out pictures of the happy couple and put them in the brass locket. Wrap it all up in a gift box and top with a big bow!
Linen Kitchen Towels: These are the perfect treat for your kitchen or bathroom! They’re not something you’d always buy for yourself, but they make the perfect gift. Plus, they’d pair really well with other kitchen items, or with the marble tray and your favorite bathroom hand soaps!
- How I’d gift it: In a small box, wrap up the Frasier Fir candle, two linen kitchen towels and your favorite Christmas ornament. Wrap it up in your favorite paper and top it with a satin ribbon and evergreen tree clippings.
Kitchen Herb Garden: Oh how I love my herb garden. This set is beautiful and would look great sitting out on the kitchen counter. Bonus points if you actually gift it with live plants, but packets of each seeds work too!
- How I’d gift it: Most grocery stores will carry small herb plants right now. Plant them in the planter and tie a big satin ribbon around the set. If you can’t find actual plants, include the seed packets instead.
Brass Locket: Know a new momma? This brass locket is the perfect gift for her! Fill it with a picture of her sweet baby, her love or even other cherished family members. It’s a classic piece that won’t ever go out of style and it will always look good paired with other necklaces, or as a stand alone piece.
- How I’d gift it: Celebrate the love of your family members, by filling the inside with picture of your parents, or grandparents, then gift it to your mother or grandmother.
Affiliate links are provided below. Full disclosure here.
I hope these ideas have given you a fresh spark of creativity. Most all of them are budget friendly and I love how personal they can be! Happy gifting!