Happy Friday! These past few mornings we’ve woken up to snow on the ground, making things feel a lot more like Christmas, and less like fall. The cold has definitely arrived, and I’ve been enjoying watching the snow blow around and shine in the sunlight.
I’m really excited about decorating for Christmas this year. Last year, we were living in our tiny rental while we were knee deep in demo’ing our Willow House. We did minimal decorating, but did manage to put up a little mini tree to celebrate. This year though, I’m looking forward to spreading the Christmas cheer all through the house like normal. I’ll be doing a Christmas Home Tour around the first week of December, and because of that, I’ve already been working on how I want to decorate the house and what colors we’ll be using this year!
Here’s a peek at the last home tour I did in 2017:
Other fun things!
- Since we have 8′ ceilings, the flocked Christmas tree I bought a few years ago won’t work in this house. I’ve been looking for the perfect flocked tree to replace it, and I’m planning on sharing a bunch of options with you next week, just in case you’re on the hunt too!
- Even though I have several totes full of Christmas goodies and decor, I’d like to slowly start freshening things up. McGee & Co has a Christmas line and it’s all fabulous. Here’s what’s caught my eye:
- House progress is underway! This last week Todd and I were able to get some door trim installed throughout the house. It’s amazing what trim can do… things are starting to look and feel so finished in some areas. Be looking for updates as we install more doors, trim and door hardware! Fingers crossed, November will be the month we get all of our doors installed!
- I ordered this rug for our hall bathroom recently and I wish I wouldn’t have waited so long. It’s a stunning addition to the room, and it makes me really excited about the way the bathroom is coming together. It’s so classic and fresh.
- I’ve never been much of an artist… but lately, I’ve felt inspired to try and create some unique pieces for our home. I may fail miserably and never share them, but I also think it could be a fun new challenge that adds a personal touch to our home.
- We’re officially a week into our How Great Thou Art Pillow pre-sale, which means there’s only one week left to shop! We can’t wait to start shipping out your orders on December 5th! If you’d like to order a pillow for yourself, or as a gift, you can shop right here.
- You may also notice we have a new look and website! We launched it quietly last week, but that doesn’t mean we’re not excited about it! It was absolutely time for a fresh, updated website, as well as new branding! My hope is, that things are easier to find and you have a better experience looking for past content, or browsing through the different project galleries we have. Now, you can browse by season, or project type! Woohoo!
Wishing you a beautiful weekend!