This week has been so incredibly busy! Next week we’re we sneaking away to Hawaii, so I’ve been doing my best to get ready for our trip, and making sure the blog has new content for you to enjoy while we’re away! I’m also in the middle of working on two big projects we’ll be launching in October. I can’t wait to share more, but sooo many of you have been asking for one of them, and I can’t wait to bring it to you! My lips are sealed for a little while longer, but get ready!
In case you missed my blog post earlier this week, I shared a fun new series I’m introducing on the blog: Scone of the Month. I can’t even tell you how much I love scones. They’re one of my absolute favorite foods, and I have so many ideas for different flavors and combinations. Todd and I have been writing down ideas for a month or so now, and let me just say the list is long, but full of yummy ideas! I can’t wait to experiment and bring you fun ideas to try!
Todd is also really excited to be the “official taste tester”! 🙂
Other fun things this week:
- Earlier this week I had my braces taken off… for good! Ahhh! It’s been totally worth it, but I can’t tell you how thrilled I was to get them off! I still have one more surgery scheduled for later this year, and I won’t be completely finished until early next year, but getting them off has felt like such an accomplishment.
- WE HAVE GRASS! It’s such a sweet site and it’s completely refreshed the front of the house. It will still be a little while until we can mow, but we’re celebrating the fact that we no longer have dirt and weeds everywhere we look! All the credit goes to Todd on this one. He worked tirelessly this spring and summer to make it happen. He may have only been able to spend a few hours a week on it when he was already working overtime, but in the end it was worth the wait.
- Todd’s birthday is in October, and we’re planning on taking full advantage of our new back patio! I’ll be sharing a big update soon, but one of our first purchases is going to be a propane fire pit. That’s what he wants for his birthday, so I’ve been looking high and low to find something we love… because let’s face it, we’ll be spending so much time around it, it’s worth splurging a little bit. These have been catching my eye.
- In preparation for Hawaii, I’ve been ordering a few new swimsuits. Like basically every other woman out there, swimsuit shopping is one of my least favorite things to do… but, it’s necessary. I ordered several swimsuits from Amazon, and I’ve loved being able to try them on in my own home. I also ordered some new casual dresses and shorts to take. I’ve shared my favorite items below.
- This high neck swimsuit. I went with the deep purple and I love it!
- This black one piece swimsuit.
- This striped one piece swimsuit. I went with the white/green option.
- These cargo shorts… they are incredibly flattering, and a great length! I ordered black.
- These black shorts. I love the length and the material.
- This long maxi dress. The black flower pattern is lovely.
- This off the shoulder maxi dress. It’s hard to tell how it will look online, but after trying it on, I love the style. It does need tied in a knot at the waist though. I ordered the wine color.
- So many of you have shared your recommendations for places we need to visit in Oahu. Thank you! We are absolutely looking forward to getting away for a little while and resting up after a very busy spring and summer… and trying out some new restaurants from Diners, Drive- Ins and Dives… island style! 🙂
Lots of good stuff coming your way next week! 🙂