Happy TGI-Friday! It’s been a little while since I’ve shared a TGI-Friday post, but I always look forward to putting them together. They’re a bit random, but they’re full of so many good things, including my favorite new finds and behind the scenes things we’ve been working on, or upcoming projects we’ll be starting.
Lately, we’ve been focusing on all things baby. I’ve been putting my registry together and finalizing our design plan for her room, as well as the budget for all the pieces we’ll need to be collecting to make her room come together.
Like with most rooms, it’s going to be a mix of high and low priced items. We’ll splurge on some things and save on others, which is how I typically try to put together most of my spaces.
Because we recently converted the office bedroom into her nursery, that meant all of our office furniture needed to find a new home. Most of it went into the basement, which I can’t wait to show you once we have it a bit more put together. When we were moving things around, we decided to switch out our dining room table for the office table/ desk. I’ll share more on this next week, but let me just say what a big change this has made for our small dining room. Believe it or not, we actually have more space and the chairs can push under the table giving us a larger walkway on all sides. Here’s a little peek until I do a full blog post on it…
We’re getting ready to start building our kitchen vent hood! Cue the excitement! After searching high and low for a good vent option, we decided on this vent to build our hood around. I’ve had plenty of time to gather inspiration for our own hood and I keep coming back to this classic looking hood time and time again. (Side note: Have you taken the tour of this kitchen remodel? It’s a real treat!) We’ll be modifying the design slightly, but I can’t wait to get it built and in place! Once we do that, we’ll be able to finish several other projects in the kitchen! Cue even more excitement!
Another big project we’re getting ready to tackle, is our back yard. When I say this is a big project, I mean it. We have our work cut out for us, but we’re both so ready to have a nice backyard we can enjoy, instead of the bare dirt and weeds we currently have. We’re also gearing up to build some raised garden boxes (I’ll be sharing those as soon as we get them built), and adding plants to our front landscaping.
I’ve been working on the landscape design for our backyard and sprinklers will be going in soon!
Recently, I’ve been finding and saving several of my favorite Amazon finds in my Amazon Storefront. I get asked often where I find certain things, or products I love, so I wanted to create an easy source for you to find what you’ve been searching for. You can take a peak at the Storefront here, and I’ll be adding different categories as I find items I love!
Here’s a few of my favorite finds lately!
- For the last two years, I’ve been diligent about writing in my five year memory book. I’ve just started into my third year and I am absolutely loving looking back to see what happened on this day two years ago. It doesn’t take hardly any time to jot down a few sentences about my day, or major things that are happening, but it’s been something I enjoy reading every night.
- I also have a Childhood History Journal I’m starting to fill out for baby girl. Todd bought it for me for Christmas and I can’t wait to fill in all the sweet memories we create with our sweet girl. I highly recommend it. He also got me the Love Story Journal. It’s incredibly cherished and I love that it’s preserving our memories as a couple.
- This spring wreath is calling my name. Our front porch is feeling a little bland lately and this is exactly what it needs to brighten things up and add a cheerful touch to our home.
- Remember our front window box? It’s one of my favorite additions to the front of our home and I’m looking forward to ordering another one (and the brackets) to go on our kitchen window. I plan on planting a beautiful mix of herbs and flowers. I can hardly wait to start planting flowers and garden plants.
- At the end of last year, I decided to try using a planner to get myself better organized. I purchased this one, which is designed by Cami at the blog Tidbits. After using it for several months now, I’m completely in love with it. It’s such a fabulous planner, with plenty of room for customizing to fit my needs. I’m officially hooked. I also bought one of the notebooks as well and have enjoyed having a place to jot down different ideas or goals. (Psst… They’re both on sale right now too!)
I hope you have a wonderful weekend… even if we’re all stuck at home! We have plenty of projects to keep us busy! Phew!