In the past I’ve shared that I’m gluten intolerant, so our house is basically 100% gluten free besides the few “normal” things Anthony likes to eat. In the beginning, it was difficult to find enjoyment in food. I felt like I was shoved on an island, not knowing what I could or couldn’t eat, and being rather limited in what I “could” eat. I was determined to still enjoy life, by finding and creating food that tasted good. Luckily time, and trial & error has helped me figure things out. Now days, I don’t find it a challenge at all… except when eating out or visiting family and friends, but even that has gotten better with time.
So today, I wanted to share my favorite gluten free mixes. I’ve tried plenty of different brands and mixes in general, and I certainly have my favorites! I also like to keep some of them on hand for the occasional night time snack, baking session or dinner guest.
I’m also allergic to a lot of dairy items, so I try to steer clear of that food group as well. I can use butter without issue and some hard cheese, like Parmesan, but that’s about as far as I’ll go. And if I do decided to “treat myself” with something that has dairy, I don’t do it multiple days, or meals in a row. I almost always use almond milk as a substitute, this is by far my favorite brand!, and I’ve found that these gluten free mixes do just fine with the substitution!
If you’re struggling with finding yummy gluten free items, I hope this list helps! 🙂
Please note: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which allows us to make a small commission from your purchase, but your purchase price stays the same. Thank you for helping support our blog! We greatly appreciate it!
My Favorite Gluten Free Mixes:
- Sticky Fingers Bakeries Scone Mix: Their gluten free scones are delicious! Being a scone lover, I was so sad when I couldn’t find something that was worth looking forward too! I was a huge fan of the Sticky Fingers Bakery scones before I became gluten free, and I was jumping for joy when they came out with their gluten free variety! They’re just as good as the original version! Blueberry and lemon are my favorite, but I like any flavor!
- Krusteaz Cornbread Mix: Their cornbread mix is my favorite! I like my cornbread to have a slight sweetness to it, and this mix is absolutely perfect! It’s moist, fluffy and perfect with chili or honey! Anthony loves it too! I always keep this mix on hand, just in case.
- Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix: Trust me when I say that not all gluten free cookie mixes are created equal. Some are dry, gritty and fall apart. This mix makes a really tasty cookie! I try to keep this mix on hand at all times, but I’ve recently found an even better mix…
- Gluten Free Jules Cookie Mix: I just recently discovered her flour blend and mixes, and I’m hooked! Her cookie mix is totally divine! I typically order three mixes at a time and it’s hard not to make all of them over the course of a week. They’re that good, and Anthony agrees whole-heartedly. I typically have to hide the last 3 or 4 from him! 😉 I can’t wait to try some of her other mixes!
- King Arthur Sugar Cookie Mix: Decorating Christmas cookies was always a big thing for me growing up, and it’s a tradition my mom has carried on even now that we’re adults. The first year I was gluten free, I was very disappointed I wouldn’t be able to participate. My mom ordered this mix from King Arthur and the cookies were wonderful! So moist and delicious, and the perfect cookie for decorating!
- Namaste Spice Cake Mix: Oh goodness. This cake is utterly delicious. It’s decadently moist and sooo flavorful! It’s great as it is, but I like to use it to make carrot cake too! Anthony and I both agree that this cake is one of the best! And so has everyone else that’s tried it! I adore this cake!
- Namaste Pizza Crust Mix: Although making this crust is a little bit odd at first, it’s worth it! It’s not a thick crust, but more of a thin crust while still having great flavor and form. It bakes up nicely and I’ve used it for everything from your regular pepperoni to a BBQ chicken pizza. I love it!
- Namaste Pancake & Waffle Mix: There are so many different mixes for this, but I do really like the Namaste version! The pancakes and waffles are moist and yummy and they don’t have the grit some mixes do.
- Namaste Muffin/ Scone Mix: I bought this mix for the scone option, but accidentally made the muffins! They were incredible! Moist, delicious and very flavorful! Yummy!
- Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix: This mix is sooo yummy, and most definitely a favorite! It’s moist, flavorful and grit-free! Anthony and I both love this cake, and I like to make it in a bunt pan for fun!
With “gluten free” becoming more and more popular, there are so many other mixes and blends to try! When I see something new, I like to give it try. It’s always nice to find a new mix to make life a little more easy and enjoyable!
If you have any mixes you use and love, please share them below! 🙂