Love Oreo cookies? Then you’ll love these tender gluten free Oreo scones. Use gluten free cookies to keep them gluten free and delicious!
Around here, we love those tasty Oreo cookies! Thank goodness they make a gluten free version, because they’re the star of the show in these tasty Gluten Free Oreo Scones! I can’t tell you how yummy these are!
I always have so much fun coming up with new flavor combinations to use in my favorite scone mix. These scones were inspired by a favorite little cookie of ours. Lately, Todd has loved munching on Oreo’s for an easy dessert after dinner, so when I was thinking about what flavor combination to create for Scone of the Month, I used them as inspiration.
Needless to say, Todd was really excited when I told him I was making Gluten Free Oreo Scones, basically combining two of his favorite things into one!
This scone mix is perfect. It’s tender, flavorful and it always produces fabulous results. We also love that these scones last several days, storing great in a tupperware container and heating up perfectly for a quick and easy breakfast or brunch the next day or two. To be honest, they never last very long.
If you’re not gluten free, but want to try these scones, you’ll still love this mix. It’s really that yummy. Normally, I buy my scone mix in bulk, but they’re a little bit hard to find right now with everything that’s going on. Our local grocery store also carries it, but if you can’t find the mix in your stores, you can always buy it directly from the manufacturer.
Affiliate links are provided below. Full disclosure here.
Gluten Free Oreo Scones
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 3 tbsp Milk
- Crushed Oreo's for sprinkling
For The Scones:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, cut cold butter into dry scone mix using a pastry blender or fork. Blend until crumbly.
- Create a well in the center of the dry mixture. Add the eggs and milk. Stir until well combined and the mixture is moist.
- If mixture is still dry and crumbly, add more milk, but only add it in small increments. A little will go a long way.
- Stir in the crushed Oreo cookies.
- Dump scone mixture onto parchment paper lined sheet pan, and shape into two even circles, about 1 inch thick.
- Use a knife to score each circle of dough into 8 equal pieces, then cut through the mixture and slightly pull each scone wedge out from one another for expansion room when baking.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Set aside and cool for 5-10 minutes.
For The Glaze
- In a small mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar and milk. Mix well.
- Drizzle glaze onto cooled scones. Wait 5 minutes, then drizzle on another layer.
- Before glaze sets, sprinkle the crushed Oreo's on top of each scone.
Looking for more gluten free scone flavors? Browse my recipe collection!